Product Code Roll-up for Quotes enables you to easily transfer product codes from quote line items to quotes allowing you to use this information in document merge solutions.
How To Set Up
- Install the Product Code Roll-up for Quotes App from the AppExchange
- Add the following fields to Quote Page Layout and mark them as Read Only on the layout
- Quote Product Codes
- Quote Product Codes (short) < optional
How To Use
Product Code Roll-up for Quotes works as follows:
- A user adds, edits or deletes a Quote Line Item record, following their normal business process.
- The values stored in the Product Code standard field of all the Products related to the quote are automatically copied into the Quote Product Codes field on the related quote.
- The first 255 characters of Quote Product Codes field are copied into the Quote Product Codes (short) field.
- Every time the quote is updated, both fields are automatically updated.
Advanced Administrator Technical Information
The following information will be useful for your System Administrator in maintaining Product Code Roll-up for Quotes in your salesforce organisation
- Set the delimiter character to be used to identify separate Product Codes by editing the Custom Label called Quote Product Code Delimiter. By default, the underscore ‘_’ is used. We recommending changing this delimiter to a character not used in your product codes if your product codes include the underscore character.
- The Quote Product Codes long-text field permits 32,768 characters. This is sufficient for more than 5,000 5-character product codes to be added to an opportunity. Should your use case involve requiring more characters, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The Quote Product Codes (short) text-field contains the first 255 characters of the Quote Product Codes field. This is sufficient for more than 42 5-character product codes to be added to a quote. As a text-field, values in this field are accessible in list-view filters, search and document merge solutions such as Conga Composer and Nintex Drawloop.