Product Code Roll-up on Opportunities enables you to easily transfer product codes from opportunity line items to opportunities allowing you to filter and search opportunities based on Product Code.
How To Set Up
- Install the Product Code Roll-up for Opportunities App from the AppExchange
- Add the following fields to Opportunity Page Layout and mark them as Read Only on the layout
- Opportunity Product Codes
- Opportunity Product Codes (short) < optional
How To Use
Product Code Roll-up for Opportunities works as follows:
- A user adds, edits or deletes an Opportunity Product record, following their normal business process.
- The values stored in the Product Code standard field of all the Products related to the opportunity are automatically copied into the Opportunity Product Codes field on the related opportunity.
- The first 255 characters of Opportunity Product Codes field are copied into the Opportunity Product Codes (short) field.
- Every time the opportunity is updated, both fields are automatically updated.
Advanced Administrator Technical Information
The following information will be useful for your System Administrator in maintaining Product Code Roll-up for Opportunities in your salesforce organisation
- Set the delimiter character to be used to identify separate Product Codes by editing the Custom Label called Product Code Delimiter. By default, the underscore ‘_’ is used. If your product codes include the underscore character, we recommending changing this delimiter using Salesforce’s Translation Workbench to adjust the English language translation to a character (or characters) not used in your product codes.
- The Opportunity Product Codes long-text field permits 32,768 characters. This is sufficient for more than 5,000 5-character product codes to be added to an opportunity. Should your use case involve requiring more characters, please contact us at email@example.com.
- The Opportunity Product Codes (short) text-field contains the first 255 characters of the Opportunity Product Codes field. This is sufficient for more than 42 5-character product codes to be added to an opportunity. As a text-field, values in this field are accessible in list-view filters, search and document merge solutions such as Conga Composer and Nintex Drawloop