How To Set Up
- Install Lead Field Mapper from the AppExchange
- Ensure that users who convert leads have the following permissions in their profile or in a permission set
- READ Leads Object
- READ Lead Source, Birthdate (new) and Department (new) fields on Lead
- UPDATE Account Object
- UPDATE Account Source field on Account
- UPDATE Contact Object
- UPDATE Birthdate and Department on Contact
In the event that these permissions are not set up, the app does not attempt to update the relevant field.
How To Use
Lead Field Mapper works as follows:
- A user converts a Lead record, following their normal business process.
- The value stored in the Lead Source standard field is automatically copied into the Account Source field on Account created or associated with the lead conversion.
- If the converted lead is associated with an existing account, and that account already has a value in Account Source field, the app will NOT update the field with the Lead Source value from the converted lead.
- The value stored in the Birthdate and Department custom fields on Lead are automatically copied into the Birthdate and Department fields on the Contact created or associated with the lead conversion.
- If the converted lead is associated with an existing contact, and that contact already has a value in Birthdate or Department field, the app will NOT update the field with the corresponding values from the converted lead.
Advanced Administrator Technical Information
The following information will be useful for your System Administrator in maintaining Lead Field Mapper in your salesforce organisation
- The app contains two custom fields: Birthdate and Department on Lead
- The app includes a trigger on Lead that fires after the save operation and, if the lead is converted, updates the associated Account and Contact record’s as follows
- Lead.LeadSource -> Account.AccountSource
- Lead.crms31__Birthdate__c -> Contact.Birthdate
- Lead.crms31__Department__c -> Contact.Department